About Easterseals South Florida
Easterseals South Florida (ESSF) has been serving families in South Florida for 80 years. Our mission is to provide services that address equity and inclusion disparities for individuals with disabilities by enhancing education, advancing health, expanding employment, and elevating the community. In 2021, ESSF began an exciting new chapter with the hiring of a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and receiving a major gift from philanthropist, MacKenzie Scott. The agency is embarking on a new strategic plan with a focus on expanding program impact and increasing our donor base.
If you have proven work experience with growth-oriented, charitable organizations in managing development, events, marketing, outreach, and donor stewardship, then you are an ideal candidate for this position.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President (VP) of Development will serve as a key member of the leadership team and as an active participant in making strategic growth decisions affecting ESSF. The successful candidate will have a robust network of contacts and will help forge new relationships to build ESSF’s visibility, impact, and financial resources
The VP of Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow the Agency’s $14M budget through the solicitation of major gifts, special events, individual, corporate and foundation support. This skilled and visionary leader is highly adept in all facets of fund development as a manager and as a fundraiser. He/she has a proven track record of balancing a long-term fundraising strategy with tactical execution. This leader must build on ESSF department’s past success, while developing new and creative funding initiatives to expand scope and secure funding for new initiatives. He/she is an organized multi-tasker who is able to strategically manage and lead a development team of four staff members while managing a myriad of initiatives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The VP of Development will interface closely with other leadership team members and will work closely with the Board of Directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Development and Planning Leadership:
- In partnership with the President/CEO, develop and implement all long and short-term development strategies to diversify, grow and steward ESSF’s funding base in support of the mission; in alignment with ESSF’s strategic plan.
- Provide leadership and management to members of the development team; manage, attract, and retain top development (fundraising) team members through performance management goals and performance evaluations.
- Establish and successfully meet or exceed annual plans and long-term fundraising goals through a portfolio of high impact corporate, foundation, individual, and public partners.
- Bolster systems and structures to measure and report fundraising success regularly (monthly, quarterly and annually), inclusive of preparing and delivering reports of fundraising activity to the executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with Chief Officers to create and assist in the management of dashboards to track Key Performance Indicators.
- Collaborate with Chief Officers on a monthly basis to ensure fundraising and development budgets, gift and pledge information, and development contract requirements are timely communicated, discussed and reviewed.
- Act as Liaison to the Board to include, supporting committee members with information and materials they need to achieve goals.
Fundraising & Donor Management:
- Utilize a range of techniques to build funding relationships including stewardship calls, visits, events, site visits, use of volunteers and regular communications to identify and cultivate potential donors.
- Supervise the development team’s regular and proper usage of the fundraising and donor management software (Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT).
- Manage the maintenance of accurate and updated records of all contacts and contributions projection pipeline of opportunities.
- Guide the team on working with prospects to gain a clear understanding of their priorities to develop customized sponsorship and proposal packages to secure financial support.
Marketing & Outreach:
- Oversee execution of the strategic plan including development of key messages and fundraising materials.
- Help drive increased audience engagement through the development and execution of a multi-channel strategy; supervise and participate in content creation for all communications including donor letters, press releases, website content, etc.
- Work with development, programs, and leadership team to develop targeted marketing plans and campaigns for program awareness/recruitment, special events, etc. via a wide array of mediums.
- Explore the use of existing and emerging social media channels to reach and cultivate donors and increase brand awareness.
- Engage with existing and new media partners to build strategic partnerships and manage media relations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about ESSF’s mission and impact.
- Committed to learning and growing with the intention to drive change.
- Extremely strong communications skills, both written and verbal, listening skills and dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal savvy to make connections, collaborate, and build relationships with diverse constituents.
- Values individuals and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Discretion to handle confidential information.
- Ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, visitors, and individuals receiving services at Easter Seals.
- Act in compliance with Medical and Non-Medical Emergency Procedures.
- Assist individuals in evacuating building during emergency situations to include but not limited to fire drills and external disaster drills. Specific duties to be assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assume assigned responsibility for non-clinical duties during disaster and/or drills including but not limited to safety of files/office areas, closure of doors.
- Other related duties as necessary to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of Easter Seals South Florida as a whole.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+years of progressively responsible experience in development/fundraising functions for medium-to-large chartable organizations
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus
- Membership in professional fundraising association(s); Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) a plus
- A proven track record and deep understanding of all aspects of a complex, successful development program including direct mail, annual giving, major gifts, endowments, planned giving, engagement of volunteers, and execution of successful special events
- Outstanding leadership and skillful management of a strong, dedicated, and effective development staff
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media, video software
- Experience in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Power BI)
- Knowledge of funding sources and the philanthropic culture of South Florida
This role is a fit if you…
- Are looking for a salaried position with a commensurate compensation package that includes generous paid time off, medical benefits, and additional workplace benefits.
- Appreciate a weekly schedule that is approximately 8:30am – 5pm with additional time as needed to complete projects. Evening hours are sometimes required.
- Are an enthusiastic team builder and mentor who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Have an innate sense of urgency with an understanding of the hard, sustained work required to achieve big outcomes.
- Have worked closely with executive boards and/or committees in the formation and execution of high-level messaging and fundraising initiatives.
- Have senior-level fundraising experience with a track record of success including proactively building relationships.
Click here to apply via https://www.easterseals.com/southflorida/who-we-are/careers-at-easterseals/ . No calls or emails please.
"Easter Seals South Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace."
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Referral program
- Employee assistance program
Click here to apply via https://www.easterseals.com/southflorida/who-we-are/careers-at-easterseals/ .
No calls or emails please.